Knowledge management systems must take into account:
1. The three types of knowledge available
2. Impact of the 4th dimension
3. Categorized by how the knowledge can contribute to problem solving situations that require innovation
For Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) initiatives to grow, KMS needs to compete for resources with other enterprise initiatives. The most assured way to successfully compete for resources is to demonstrate KMS initiatives have made a significant contribution to an improved ROI. should be seen both as a cost avoidance process and a revenue producer that leaves a trail marked by an improved ROI. Analytics results deliver a 3 dimensional view of the available knowledge, which serves as a reference to help assess current alternatives. Analytics opens the door to innovation – a necessary step to toward the 4th Dimension. The net is, Analytics is Boolean on steroids and provides a road-map to the 4th Dimension. Preparing for the 4th Dimension starts by understanding the difference between the 3rd and 4th Dimensions.
- 3-D time is a charged, Reactionary Present-Time, 4-D time is the Eternal Present-Time
In 4-D the past is simply history without emotional charge and the future is an opportunity waiting to be fashioned in the now moment, through choice. Yesterday has no bearing on tomorrow. The eternal present is all there is. We can plan for a future event using information gathered from the past, but decisions are conscious choices that are made in the present moment. What we think is what we will experience in the moment. There is no lag-time in 4-D. What you think about will manifest so be mindful of what you think!
- Choice: In the fourth dimension, choice-replaces-reaction
Reaction is an emotional 3-D response, whereas choice provides flexibility. Flexibility creates expanded opportunity and a greater ability to combine possibilities to produce a variety of outcomes. In the fourth dimension you take back your power to choose.
- Paradox: In 4-D the past and future become points of reference for information and have no emotional attachments. What was true a moment ago is not necessarily true in this present moment and what was false may not necessarily be false any longer. This opens up more possibilities to experience, releases judgments, and increases our ability to allow.
- Alignment/Balance: In the fourth dimension we are constantly moving towards balance and re-alignment. This structure is very open, entertaining and allowing of all possibilities. Well-being, Beauty, the Inner Smile, Appreciation, and Love are options in 4-D. Whereas, Fear is a choice which will place us back in 3-D reaction and limitation.”
Analytics and Knowledge products should be defined by the benefits provided to the user and the ROI contribution of these products to the enterprise. My definition of Analytics is support process that is necessary for increasing the productivity’s quantity and quality, and that of the individuals who use the process. The people who developed and use analytics processes need to be held accountable for demonstrating an increase in quantity and quality of their work products.
Following is a presentation of an overview of the three most commonly recognized knowledge categories. This overview is followed by comments how these three knowledge categories (KMS) can be used to significantly increase today’s productivity and help to start the move from a 3rd Dimensional view of the present to a 4th Dimension view. Reference blog